Friday, January 9, 2015

January 9, 2015

I made a huge error on the last blog.  Forgive me Minnie Lee Jones for incorrectly calling you Minnie Lee Rogers.  Of course, I know her well and I can't imagine where my brain was when I made her a Rogers.  I do know that at one time I knew a Minnie Rogers so I guess the synapses snapped on that and the fingers followed.
    A few months ago a college classmate who writes class notes for our alumni magazine asked for anecdotes about our college experiences.  I sent one to her which she has sent on to the editors who are gathering the stories for an article.  When she thanked me in the latest alumni class notes, she called me Helen Bell.  Yeah, I was a little bit miffed thinking she would remember me as I remember her.
   So, Minnie, I can understand if you are upset with me.  Someone once said that he or she didn't care what the media wrote as long as they got his or her name right. 

Regretfully,
Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment